Improve Your Indoor Air Quality by Keeping Your Home Pollen-Free
Although fresh blossoms springing up throughout your neighborhood during the springtime may be aesthetically pleasing, they can wreak havoc on your allergies and your ability to breathe normally. At Western Heating & Air, we recommend taking several steps to keep pollen out of your home and improve your indoor air quality.
Strategies for Controlling Pollen
Improving your indoor air quality and keeping pollen out is easy to do. To accomplish this:
- Have your home’s ducts cleaned – Get your ducts cleaned professionally on a regular basis to ensure that the air coming out of your air conditioning system is clean.
- Keep your HVAC system maintained – A well-running air conditioner is more efficient and cleaner than one that is ignored.
- Keep your car in the garage – This will keep pollen off of your car that you could come into contact with whenever you get in your vehicle to drive. If you don’t have a garage, rinse the exterior of your car off with a hose regularly.
- Wipe off your feet – Whenever you go into your house, wipe your feet off on a mat and take off your shoes. Leave them there until you go out again.
- Wash your hair before bed – If you don’t get the pollen out of your hair before you hit the pillow at night, you’ll end up with pollen covering the area where you sleep.
- Empty your vacuum outside – When you need to empty out your vacuum, resist the urge to dump out the contents into an indoor trashcan.
Although the weather outside may beg you to open up your windows and let in the breeze, keep all of your windows and doors shut and turn on your air conditioning system if things get too hot.